Hp mini 1000 wifi wont connect

Malaryush

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Evening all,

HP Mini 1000 running XP, It shows the wireless as connected, but will not connect with IE nor Firefox. If I hard wire into the modem, everything works, its just wirelessly that I have an issue.
Can someone help point me in the proper direction to fix this?

Thanks

Malaryush

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Why hello Brett :)

Yes I am. I have a feeling is something simple, but I have been off windows for a while and its really amazing how fast your forget the tricks. It says I am connected at 54.0Mbps, signal strength is excellent. Nothing else using this wireless is having any issues.

Thanks for the Reply

Mal

try turning off wep or your password on the router...if the device connects..then it an issue with device wifi drivers and wep.
if it wont connect with the password off...check that your running the newest drivers for the wifi adaptor. make sure that in windows networking the buttons are on for windows to auto find network ip. most times people lock a device into a set ip range that may have been needed for school or work.

Malaryush

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Ended up having to uninstall the Verizon Wifi Manager (never used) and totally uninstalling and reinstalling all the network drivers. Finally got it working.

Thanks for the suggestions.