HP Omen high temps

Games_1

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Hello , I just purchased a new HP Omen laptop with a i7 7700HQ 8gb ram and a GTX1050ti GPU . I have some screen bleeding that looks awfull on black screen .
My question is , after testing it 30 minutes in Dawn of War 3 , and monitoring the temps , got these
http://imgur.com/a/zM9HE Look at MAX temp column

Is this normal ? I am really thinking that I should return it and buy something more expensive or at least another brand ... I was using it on a clean desk with a stand laptop cooler . on idle the temps are fine around 50 for the CPU and 45 GPU

Solution
85 is normal, yes, look at the link i posted with another laptop with the same cpu, a big powerful cpu with lots of cores inside a laptop will get hot under load

if you don't want the noise and the heat, you could consider a ultrabook, but if you want it for gaming only, then if you do really feel it is not covering your expectations, perhaps a razer could do better but will use a not that powerful cpu to handle temperatures better

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Games_1 : "Is This Normal ?"

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
60 on cpu? that is hotter than the surface of sun!

perfectly normal values

the screen bleeding, if you don't like it, return it, otherwise, is not the first screeen to have that, and surely will not be the last

Games_1

Prominent
May 14, 2017

LOOK at the MAX column , the temps got lower because I stopped gameplaying ă few minutes before taking the print screen . So that MAX column says the max temperature the sensor had from when the software was open .

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
twice the surface of the sun! terrible!

is a gaming pc, if you do believe it is not normal, return it, i would recognize that a gaming pc, will not handle temps like a desktop where cpu and gpu can keep cooler, under 70°c

the cpu will trothle under 100 iirc, is not ideal but i have seen it before, sure sounds like a jet engine!

Games_1

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Aida64 gives me 85C for the CPU and 82 for the GPU, After 10 minutes of the same game ... the internal laptop vents are really spinning but the temps seems too high . It's a new laptop that I got 2 days ago .not a used one

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
also forgot to mention, that in these hot days, the ambient temperature affects the machine in many ways

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/6fs2vw/i7_7700hq_operating_temps_question/

Games_1

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Why would I limit my processor power if I payed for it ? Its a laptop, you wouldn't buy something that you can use just partial right ?

DID aida64 test around 40 minutes and I have the same results .
CPU : 86C
GPU : 85C

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
you just said something valid, if you are not happy with the results you get, return the unit

but do remember that gaming laptops operate hot, and make lots of noise, that is why we recommend always a gaming pc, not a gaming laptop

Games_1

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Well i all ready have a gaming desktop but for the moment I need the laptop as I long travel from time to time , the ideea is that those 85C are normal or not? I could return it and but something else.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
85 is normal, yes, look at the link i posted with another laptop with the same cpu, a big powerful cpu with lots of cores inside a laptop will get hot under load

if you don't want the noise and the heat, you could consider a ultrabook, but if you want it for gaming only, then if you do really feel it is not covering your expectations, perhaps a razer could do better but will use a not that powerful cpu to handle temperatures better

Solution

TRENDING THREADS