HP stream won't start

lissa0027

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
My daughters did a reboot of her HP stream and now it won't start up all it is doing is a constant alternating flash between a plan black screen, a black screen with the HP symbol, and a black screen with the curser. It allows you to turn it on and off but it comes right back to these same screens. And no commands from the keyboard seem to be taken. How can I fix it.

Solution
Hmm That sounds like something got messed up pretty bad. Most laptops like that come with a restore partition. It's basically an automated windows-reinstaller except on a seperate hard drive partition. So I think by holding or spamminb f8 while it's turning on and you get the blue startup menu thing to come up theres an option for restore somewhere in there

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hmm That sounds like something got messed up pretty bad. Most laptops like that come with a restore partition. It's basically an automated windows-reinstaller except on a seperate hard drive partition. So I think by holding or spamminb f8 while it's turning on and you get the blue startup menu thing to come up theres an option for restore somewhere in there

Solution