HP Wi-Fi Tablet Arriving Next Month for $499

Status
Not open for further replies.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
no thanks..ill wait for another decent droid OS tablet using the tegra 2 to hit the market. This HP fails with the snapdragon and web os.

G

Pre orders available now LAWLZ!!! I had a palm pre, Palm is shit and HP is on a massive decline their stock is going to continue to plummet especially in this pad market I can't wait to watch the heads roll. They keep putting out such junk!!

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I'd like to see what webOS has to offer. If it doesn't suffice then users can always root it and install Android or something else.

The Snapdragon is ARM-based so it gives you some idea what the capabilities and limitations are.

G

DOA. I wouldn't buy it at 299....250 maybe. I seriously doubt those retailers will actually carry this in their stores. How many Billion did hp spend on Palm?? Dumb

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This will be the litmus test for webOS.

Though, as much as I've knocked on webOS in the past, my dislike of Android may push me into the webOS camp...assuming that Windows 8 ARM turns out bad.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]no thanks..ill wait for another decent droid OS tablet using the tegra 2 to hit the market. This HP fails with the snapdragon and web os.[/citation]

FYI Tegra 2 is not that powerful of a SOC and that Snapdragon is more powerful. If they make a Droid tablet with the new Snapdragon SOC on it I will buy in.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I like the fact that HP managed to match Apples prices, and with WebOS being the better OS the only reason not to choose HP if you want a $499 tablet is if you need a certain app not yet available. The app problem should be solved soon though, if HP goes through with their plan of putting WebOS on all devices that can carry it.

"This is a marathon and we're just getting started" - HPs CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.