Htc legend sd memory card isnt registering

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hi, i have transfered my data off my 16g memory card to a new 32g card. The files come up when i read the card via a card reader on my computer, but when i put the car in my phone it doesnt register - telling me to insert SD card. Can anyone help with this at all? Is there a problem with the card or am i doing something wrong / not doing something i need to?

Pyree

Distinguished
Could be your new sd card is not formatted to a file system your device can recognize. Make sure you format your sd card to a file system your device can recognize and use the formatting software from the sd association, instead of using your operation system.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/eula_windows/

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Thank you Pyree, i will try it tonight via the phone & i think i will also eliminate the card reader out of the equation by connecting the phone to my computer via USB & loading stuff straight on to it - hopefully it should recognize the data on the card then...?

Ill let you know how i go :)

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Pyree - your advise worked until i reached a large amount of data on the card, which it then came up as "Faulty SD Card" or "Insert SD card" again.... im now starting to suspect it might be a faulty card that isnt actually 32 gb & is corrupting when it reaches it capacity & starts over writing itself - is this a logical theory?!

Anyway i have now contacted the seller who is sending me a new card...fingers crossed it will work cause if it doesnt, i have no idea whats going on?!

Pyree

Distinguished
Did you check you phone can actually support up to 32GB sd also what format is your card now? fat32, ntfs? and are you trying to put 1 continuous file larger than 4GB into the card?

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I am now waiting for a new card from the retailer, to make sure its not the card. My phone is an HTC legend & the card is a Scandisk

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Yes Pyree, my phone supports up to 32gb (or i wouldn't have purchased the card to begin with;-)

Im not sure on the format, sorry (im not that Tech savvy).

I dont think there are files as large as 4gb, but if there are - would they be corrupting the card?

I am still waiting on the new card which the retailer said he posted last week - so hopefully this is the source of the problem or i have no idea what to do from here...?!

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Thanks Pyree - i have been formatting via my phone so i dont think its formatting thats causing the problems.... ill let you know when i have received & tested the new card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Android Smartphones 1
Collinson Amber Android Smartphones 2
A Android Smartphones 1
Mark Timothy Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
I Android Smartphones 3
T Android Smartphones 4
J Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1