Htc legend sd memory card isnt registering

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hi, i have transfered my data off my 16g memory card to a new 32g card. The files come up when i read the card via a card reader on my computer, but when i put the car in my phone it doesnt register - telling me to insert SD card. Can anyone help with this at all? Is there a problem with the card or am i doing something wrong / not doing something i need to?

Pyree

Distinguished
Could be your new sd card is not formatted to a file system your device can recognize. Make sure you format your sd card to a file system your device can recognize and use the formatting software from the sd association, instead of using your operation system.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/eula_windows/

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Thank you Pyree, i will try it tonight via the phone & i think i will also eliminate the card reader out of the equation by connecting the phone to my computer via USB & loading stuff straight on to it - hopefully it should recognize the data on the card then...?

Ill let you know how i go :)

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Pyree - your advise worked until i reached a large amount of data on the card, which it then came up as "Faulty SD Card" or "Insert SD card" again.... im now starting to suspect it might be a faulty card that isnt actually 32 gb & is corrupting when it reaches it capacity & starts over writing itself - is this a logical theory?!

Anyway i have now contacted the seller who is sending me a new card...fingers crossed it will work cause if it doesnt, i have no idea whats going on?!

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Yes Pyree, my phone supports up to 32gb (or i wouldn't have purchased the card to begin with;-)

Im not sure on the format, sorry (im not that Tech savvy).

I dont think there are files as large as 4gb, but if there are - would they be corrupting the card?

I am still waiting on the new card which the retailer said he posted last week - so hopefully this is the source of the problem or i have no idea what to do from here...?!

sqwint

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Thanks Pyree - i have been formatting via my phone so i dont think its formatting thats causing the problems.... ill let you know when i have received & tested the new card.