Question Huawei Honor 8 lite Safe says two of my videos do not exist

TheDreamHack

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Hello
I have saved a lot of videos to the Safe archived folder on the default file manager on my honor 8 lite and for some reason I can't access these 2 videos that are still inside the Safe. I have videos, older and newer than them encrypted in there and they work fine. I can see all the details for these 2 videos including when they were taken, the thumbnail of the video, original location, etc. but when I go to open them it says "File does not exist". Any advice?

It is possible that they were damaged when they were moved, or actually not completely moved.

Have you tried moving said videos out of the folder? Either through the phone's file manager app or by connecting the phone to a computer, via USB, and seeing it you can access them that way.

TheDreamHack

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
It is possible that they were damaged when they were moved, or actually not completely moved.

Have you tried moving said videos out of the folder? Either through the phone's file manager app or by connecting the phone to a computer, via USB, and seeing it you can access them that way.
I have tried to move them out by app and "File does not exist". I can't move them out by USB because they are just an encrypted lump outside this Safe, so no dice there. I remember at first when I put them in the Safe, they worked fine. I guess something happened after that, but as I said before I have even older videos there so why those?

I would suggest checking their site or contact them through the site (nothing that is paid for) and see if there is a known problem.

To be honest, it sounds to me like something got corrupted. Either the files themselves were, or the location on the phone/SD card where they are being held.

Did you try moving the files? Not opening them from that location, but to remove them from the location. If it won't allow them to be moved, try moving all others out of that area and then try moving those. If anything else was part of the problem, that would help.

Otherwise, yes, I would contact them.