Question Huawei Matebook 13 Only Switching on when Charging

Jul 14, 2019
Hey all,

This is my first post here so apologies if it's not quite of the correct format.

Three days ago I purchased a new Huawei Matebook 13. A day after purchase I noticed an issue that makes using this new laptop frustrating. After powering down the laptop completely and leaving it be for a few hours, the laptop tells me that the battery is flat when trying to turn it back on. When I connect the charger and the laptop turns on, it's telling me that it actually has 80%+ battery as per when I turned it off to begin with.

This obviously shouldn't be happening with a new laptop - so does anybody have any ideas as to how I can fix this? If it's a fault unit I'm obviously under warranty, but that's my least preferred option right now.

Thanks!

Reactions: yunuskahvecioglu
It may well not be actually turning off but going into sleep or hibernate. I would check your sleep settings.

However, if that doesn't resolve it, and it is a brand new device, return it. No new device should give you any problems at all.

Aug 8, 2019
Hey all,

This is my first post here so apologies if it's not quite of the correct format.

Three days ago I purchased a new Huawei Matebook 13. A day after purchase I noticed an issue that makes using this new laptop frustrating. After powering down the laptop completely and leaving it be for a few hours, the laptop tells me that the battery is flat when trying to turn it back on. When I connect the charger and the laptop turns on, it's telling me that it actually has 80%+ battery as per when I turned it off to begin with.

This obviously shouldn't be happening with a new laptop - so does anybody have any ideas as to how I can fix this? If it's a fault unit I'm obviously under warranty, but that's my least preferred option right now.

Thanks!
Hi.
This is what happened to me. Did you find a solution to this situation? Do we have to send it to the firm? I will be glad if you help me.
Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 0
Codydebruh Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 0
BlacklistedGods Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 9
S Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 7