Hulu Rolls Out Video Player Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Ill have to try it when i get home

While i have more faith in hulu than netflix, netflix ruined thier service on the xbox with thier crappy UI redesign (the sole reason i dont use netflix on my xbox is thier crappy UI)

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I really liked the previous 'video end' menu that listed multiple more episodes or related videos vs the lack of those in the new interface (IIRC, the only video that appears is the next episode of a show you might we watching)..

I also noticed that the site/videos loaded significantly slower than the day before (maybe this was just a temporary bug). Otherwise I like how it looks and feels, and I like the larger video player buttons.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
every time I go to find something on Hulu the video has either been removed, or it looks like someone ripped it from youtube at the poorest quality possible... I'm sure it isn't all bad, but they have some serious QC issues to contend with before I am going to throw money at them, and Netflix has run out of content for me (took me 7 years lol), so I am looking for a good replacement...

G

I wish hulu would switch to HTML5. But no! laggy flash and pricy Hulu Plus it is.

lipoly

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
@ CadenV - For some reason Hulu looks worse on the PC than it does on PS3/360. Commercials look particularly bad on PC, but on consoles I've not seen poor quality playback. I've had Hulu Plus for quite some time and it has a good selection of TV shows...not so much on movies.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I have enjoyed Hulu for years now and have always thought their interface was nice. I think they really did a good job on the new one as well, but just like teh_chem said, I really liked how at the end of the video it gave you suggestions for similar shows. Right now all it shows is what video is next in your queue, or what its going to show next. I am sure when they realize that viewers actually liked their suggestions at the end they will add that back. Overall, im very happy with the UI redesign. Props.

G

They should role out some content for me to watch.

I have been a hulu+ subscriber since they rolled out their PS3 app, but I have not watched anything in months aside from the occasional episode of the Daily Show. Bring us Wilfred and Louie!

Status
Not open for further replies.