HyperX Cloud 2 Microphone Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbrahamFord45

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hello friends, I own the HyperX Cloud II and it isn't working properly. Windows 10 detects it but isn't detecting any sound. I tested it on my other computer and it worked. I also ordered a replacement mic and wire with a dongle but they too failed the mission. I found a shitty mic and it does work, I was just wondering if any of you swell people could help, thanks in advance.

Ruby_6

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Are you using it with the USB dongle? The dongle has a sound card in it which makes the mic so inaudible it's unusable, in my opinion. It sounds really faint and distorted. I've found that using the 3.5mm cord instead sounds great, but that isn't the best solution because then you don't have any of the remote features that the dongle provides.

Although I'm not sure if that's what your issue is since you said it worked on your other computer... Have you tried updating all your drivers?

AbrahamFord45

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

I do use the dongle and it has worked fine since i got it in May, one day (a little over a week ago) it just stopped working, my drivers are also up to date so i don't think that's the issue. However I now think the problem might be where you attach the mic to the headset, both the old one and the replacement i ordered work fine when used without the headset. The problem with that is my PC is not right next to me so the mic is too far to be able to use. I thought about doing a "live chat" on their site but they'll probably just tell me to make sure the mute switch on the dongle isn't on lol. I might have just gotten a bad one or it broke somehow, will probably just have to get a replacement :( Thank you for responding though and I apologize for the late response, was out of town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.