HyperX Cloud headphones randomly go quiet

napster100

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
When playing music or prolonged sounds in games, the volume of the headphones randomly drops significantly, mostly noticeable with music, in games and general listening to music. If I pause the audio for about 30 seconds, and replay it goes back to a normal level for about 2-4 minutes and then repeats.

I've tried to debug the problem but getting nowhere. I've reinstalled audio drivers, tried using the headphones without the control box, and tried changing the settings in the audio manager. Theres only one audio manager on my PC and that's the default Realtek one.
I just can't figure it. When I use a normal set of speakers, audio is perfectly fine with no volume drops.

napster100

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

No, but I have tried 2 different sets of speakers, and plugged them all into the same jack, but they sound fine even after hours of usage.

Hum, maybe... Wouldn't it be constant degraded volume though? I'll get hold of support to see what they say.

Thanks for the replies.

napster100

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Other headphones seem to be fine even after 2 hours of constant music.

I've done some more digging around, and found that these headphones have 60 ohms impedance, typically a lot more than usual, so I'm assuming it maybe due to the output power of the front jacks, I'm going to try the back ones now too and the ones on my keyboard, assuming it may supply additional power to the jack slots since the keyboard requires 2 USB slots.

EDIT: No change, happens with all jack slots. Off to Kingston support then I guess.

HenkdeTank

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015

Hi I have exactly the same problem! What did Kingston tell you and what was there solution? or did you sent it back??? pls help!