Solved! HyperX Cloud II Mic not detecting any input and randomly disconnecting

ohcmonrly

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Hey all, just about two hours ago my headset microphone on my HyperX Cloud 2's stopped working suddenly. This is my first time using it with a new laptop I purchased, and I noticed that it would randomly disconnect after only a couple minutes of use. I've owned the headset for quite a while now, but this is my first time using the microphone for it in about six months. I'm not really sure what I did to fix the problem the first time. All I know is that it wasn't detecting any input, and I literally picked it up off of my desk and it started working again. However, shortly after it started working again, my friend in Discord couldn't hear me anymore, and it had disconnected again. The audio coming from the laptop was totally fine, and I could hear him, but there was no microphone input whatsoever. I have tried just about everything I could think of to fix the problem, but to no avail. This includes multiple different things, such as reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, unplugging, replugging, using different USB ports, restarting, etc. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Something I noticed about my hyperx cloud 2, is that the microphone is very VERY sensitive when it comes to moving it. If you move it just a little bit, it disconnects or makes a loud static sound.
Apr 2, 2018
Something I noticed about my hyperx cloud 2, is that the microphone is very VERY sensitive when it comes to moving it. If you move it just a little bit, it disconnects or makes a loud static sound.

Solution
Apr 19, 2018
hey omg thought it was just me...

I had the same issue with mine last night! Was working fine before but suddenly disconnects randomly on discord but if I restart the comp it will work again for 5-10 mins sometimes 20 then disconnects again...I've also updated the driver.