I am looking into the gaming laptop similar to the Dell XPS m1730 but with dx11 support.

Jeff Garrett

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
I would like the laptop to have a replaceable gpu that can do dx11 and be priced under $500 used. Show me as many option as you can I'm not to picky as long as the gpu can be upgraded to a dx11 card. Thanks!

Solution

I want to do dx11 because I was a desktop gamer playing newer games and now I am going to be traveling and cant have a pc lugged around all summer. I can spend any amount on the gpu I just want the machine for $500. I will not by an integrated, I have been into the upgrade thing forever and dont want to stop because I am going a little more portable.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Why do you want it to do DX11? How much do you plan on spending for the GPU upgrade? You need to take your $500 bucks and whatever you planned on spending for the GPU upgrade and go buy a laptop with the best GPU built in.

$500 bucks is probably not going to get you a laptop with a good gaming GPU.

Jeff Garrett

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

I want to do dx11 because I was a desktop gamer playing newer games and now I am going to be traveling and cant have a pc lugged around all summer. I can spend any amount on the gpu I just want the machine for $500. I will not by an integrated, I have been into the upgrade thing forever and dont want to stop because I am going a little more portable.

Solution

Jeff Garrett

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

Honestly Id be happy even if it were this thick, I just need upgradability for the future.
port_open_three_quarter_large.jpg