I am trying to hook up a DVD/VHS recorder to my Vizeo TV. I'm using an HDMI cable. Following the directions I switch the TV to

Julie_57

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
I am trying to hook up a DVD/VHS recorder to my Vizeo TV. I'm using an HDMI cable. Following the directions I switch the TV to HDMI 1 which is the port the plyer is plugged into. Then the directions say to go to Channel 2 with the TV remote and press Channel Down until it "finds" the correct channel for the DVD player. But the channels are just 2,1,3,2,1 etc. that is all that comes up for channels.

Solution
It sound like when you go to channel 2 with the TV remote you are switching the TV to the internal tuner. After switching to the correct HDMI input you should only need the TV remote for volume. Use the remote for the DVD/VHS.
It is possible that with the HDMI connection you will only be able to see the DVD playback. The VHS may require an additional AV connection to the TV. This one usually works for both DVD and VHS but with lower quality than the HDMI.
It sound like when you go to channel 2 with the TV remote you are switching the TV to the internal tuner. After switching to the correct HDMI input you should only need the TV remote for volume. Use the remote for the DVD/VHS.
It is possible that with the HDMI connection you will only be able to see the DVD playback. The VHS may require an additional AV connection to the TV. This one usually works for both DVD and VHS but with lower quality than the HDMI.

Solution