I cant access my HDD on my computer and i dont understand my BIOS and boot menu - HP LAPTOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retiredmonkey

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Hey everyone

I have a HP Elitebook Folio 9470m and in the start up menu (BIOS menu, i think), on the system properties, i see that i have a 500GB Toshiba HDD. The problem is that when i go to my computer i cant see it, and when i go to the Computer Management menu under Disk Management i only see the SSD; i still can't see it. I've checked a couple of sites and all i can find is 'The BIOS Menu' and 'Boot Menu/Options'.

I've managed to access the BIOS menu (f10) and the boot options but i have no idea what to do so that i can finally access the HDD. Should I rearrange the order or something? How can i identify the drive(HDD) once i'm in the boot menu?

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out. (I've tried learning as much as i can from the internet but I'm not getting the solution).

Please help. Thank you :)

I'm Derrick

Hi,

If you can only see SSD in Disk Management that could mean that the HDD is either not being detected or not installed in your laptop. The only way to find out is to open the back of your laptop to check if the HDD is installed or not. If you'll see the HDD inside your laptop do make sure it's seated properly. Take it off then put it back in making sure it's seated properly. If you have a SSD and HDD setup it's more likely that the OS will be installed in it not in the HDD. If the laptop is still under the factory warranty you can contact HP for a repair or replacement of the HDD.

Here's a video tutorial on how to disassemble your laptop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQdb5qGJtTE

Status
Not open for further replies.