I can't get sound out of the soundbar or TV when watching TV, but do get sound when using the DVD player

dc4design2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
I have a Vizio TV, Vizio soundbar, Xfinity cable box, and a Sony DVD player. I can't get sound from the soundbar when I am watching TV, nor any sound out of the TV speakers. I have an HDMI cable going from the soundbar OUT (ARC) into the HDMI SIDE position on the Vizio TV. I have an HDMI cable going from the soundbar HDMI IN2 position going into the DVD player. I have the Xfinity cable going into the HDMI 1 position on the TV. This is the only configuration where I don't receive a "No Signal" error message when trying to watch TV from the Xfinity cable.

Solution
The soundbar should not have any output HDMI connections, what is the exact models of your devices? A soundbar takes INPUT from the TV and other sources.

The connection is normally all devices connected to the TV, the TV optical or whatever audio output goes to the soundbar.

The soundbar should not have any output HDMI connections, what is the exact models of your devices? A soundbar takes INPUT from the TV and other sources.

The connection is normally all devices connected to the TV, the TV optical or whatever audio output goes to the soundbar.

Solution