I can't go back to duplicate display because my laptop screen is destroyed and I only use VGA Monitor

Rameses

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I can't go back to duplicate display because my laptop screen is destroyed and I only use VGA Monitor. I accidentally extended the display and since the laptop monitor is destroyed, I can't set it back to duplicate display or show VGA monitor only. I'm now looking at an extended display with nothing but wallpaper. :(

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
do you know your laptop model? do you know if its an amd or intel griphics card? could be a hot key combination that will fix it right back up for you.

for example windows 8 and 10 the pushing the _____ windows key+P _____ can cycle though the options remember to wait a few sec in-between hitting it as it takes time to switch.

also because its a laptop you should be able to push the FN key then another key to swap though the modes but which key will depend on the laptop. usually it has a little monitor picture. just like changing the sound lvl by pushing the function key.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
do you know your laptop model? do you know if its an amd or intel griphics card? could be a hot key combination that will fix it right back up for you.

for example windows 8 and 10 the pushing the _____ windows key+P _____ can cycle though the options remember to wait a few sec in-between hitting it as it takes time to switch.

also because its a laptop you should be able to push the FN key then another key to swap though the modes but which key will depend on the laptop. usually it has a little monitor picture. just like changing the sound lvl by pushing the function key.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Pokz Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 2
saurabhaggarwal Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
Fonyaesss Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 0
blaze5059 Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 14
Andrusky Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2