I do not have an optical cable outlet on my tv so I'm not sure how to get my surround sound set up with firestick. HDMI 1 cabl

tweetness7997

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I do not have an optical cable outlet on my tv so I'm not sure how to get my surround sound set up with firestick. HDMI 1 cable is set from TV to cable box. Firestick is plugged into the HDMI3 slot on my TV. The surround sound is plugged into the cable box with red/white cords.The tv is a Hisense..the surround sound is RCA.

Solution
Without model numbers we have no way to check what connections you have.
If the TV has an audio output that doesn't match the input on the HTS then you need an active converter of some kind. Check the TV manual on how to configure and use the audio output.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs then you would need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. The cable box and firestick would connect to it w\th HDMI. It would connect to the TV with HDMI. It would also connect to the HTS for audio. They usually have digital and analog outputs so you use the one that is compatible with the HTS.
Without model numbers we have no way to check what connections you have.
If the TV has an audio output that doesn't match the input on the HTS then you need an active converter of some kind. Check the TV manual on how to configure and use the audio output.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs then you would need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. The cable box and firestick would connect to it w\th HDMI. It would connect to the TV with HDMI. It would also connect to the HTS for audio. They usually have digital and analog outputs so you use the one that is compatible with the HTS.

Solution