I get to choose.. what do i pick? what would you choose?

Quixote970

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Ive been given the choice between a Toshiba c55t-A5222 upgraded to 6gb ram or a Samsung np300V5A-A06US both processors are comparable the c55t has a touchscreen and can be upgraded to 16GB ram the Samsung ix a 8gb max ram.. what would you choose?

Solution
They've low end CPU so it is totally upto the user to select which one to go with. If Touchscreen is a must have question is answered in the question itself, otherwise I would definitely go for Samsung and yes that Windows 8 gives me crap, I'm not into that much.

Let Quixote970 decide what is good for his money now.

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Toshiba is touch screen enabled with Celeron 1005M and Intel mobile HD Graphics, Samsung is series 3 with 2.1 GHz pentium processor (dual core) with Inetl HD 3000 graphics. RAM is not a difference maker. Both are good enough.
I'll go with Samsung.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
However, the Toshiba has the advantage of a touchscreen, something important if you want to tolerate Win8 without putting a fist through your shiny new system. If the memory is really important, just remember you get diminishing returns for what you spend on memory, and 8GB is really the most you'll use. The only reason I'd get more is so mine has better specs than all of my friends. Given the low-power CPUs, I would decide based off of battery life.

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
They've low end CPU so it is totally upto the user to select which one to go with. If Touchscreen is a must have question is answered in the question itself, otherwise I would definitely go for Samsung and yes that Windows 8 gives me crap, I'm not into that much.

Let Quixote970 decide what is good for his money now.

Solution

Quixote970

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I still have week to decide. Im leaning towards the touchscreen . it seems technology is beginning to lean towards this new type of interface and I think it might be worth my time to familiarize myself with windows 8.1 with a actual touchscreen computer. but the Samsung is one sexy looking computer... decisions decisions....

LummusMaximus

Honorable
The touchscreen is a feature that's annoyingly essential for Win8. If you're currently deciding based on looks, let me tell you from experience that you're really not going to notice it when in use: what's on the screen will generally have your full attention. And sometimes the keyboard, if you're not a touch typist. So, as long as neither are outstandingly ugly, you should be fine with either.