I got a new battery for my laptop and the orange light blinks, and the laptop will not turn on. is the battery overcharged?

jtnccc12

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
I got a new battery for my Toshiba satellite, and put it in my laptop to charge. After an overnight charge, the battery light blinks and the laptop will not turn on, after I remove the battery and use the plug, the laptop works. is the battery fried?

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
It sounds like you got a bad battery,the light should be green if it is charged

also Toshiba's have a issue if it' a core2duo there is a eprom chip on the back side of the mother board (under the cpu) that regulates the current when these go bad they spike,but they usually work on the lower battery voltage and not the power supply.

mikeem

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I have the problem too.please help.thanks.
If i plug on ac without the battery,i hear a funny sound from the mother board near the ram

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
OsamaHad Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 5
Cowseed Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 2
wheatstalker Laptop Tech Support 9
Similar threads
Question Laptop won’t turn on after removing and putting back the battery
Question Acer laptop shuts down in battery mode
Question HD Laptop shuts down on battery power
Question Laptop turns on when plugged in, 0% battery
Question Laptop Battery not calibrating
My Asus 360 laptop will not go on, the led light above airplane is blinking and battery light is now orange. It went on briefl
Asus Laptop battery light is blinking orange all the time when it's on
MSI laptop won't start up and battery lamp blinks orange
My dell laptop have a trouble in starting.while pressing power button the battery light flashing white and orange light.4 time
Laptop battery died, connected to power and pushed power button. Power light came on (and also orange battery light) but no a
Dell laptop battery blinking orange and white steadily. the charger i use came with the laptop so it shouldn't be unsupported
Laptop battery light is orange. I hit the power button. lights flash once and wont power on
Dell inspirion L502X laptop , after full charge of 9 cell battery I suddenly get orange white flickering of battery .now as it
Laptop battery light is orange. I hit the power button. lights flash once and wont power on
Dell XPS 15 9550 Orange Led Blinking and not charging
ASUS S46C Laptop Blinking Orange Battery Light
ASUS Laptop Blinking Orange Battery Light/Won't turn on
My Sony VAIO Laptop won't switch on the battery light flashes constantly orange
What happens when you can't take the battery out and the toshiba laptop won't turn on and a orange light flashes
G72 Laptop won't POST- Charger LED white with battery absent, orange w

ASK THE COMMUNITY