I have a short in my toshiba laptop....can it be fixed?

Connie_1

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
I have a short in the HDMI port of my toshiba laptop....is this an easy fix without high cost?....whoops......the HDMI port, inside the unit is shorting...sometimes will work but just as often cuts out....the cord itself is new and when the lower righthand corner of the init is touched it will come backb on...touch again...goes off

Solution
Hi,

You'll need to check first the inside of your laptop is something is broken on the HDMI port part. Maybe a quick clean up and making sure that nothing is hitting or touching the soldered part of the HDMI port would do the trick and it will save you a lot of money. Worst case is if all these recommendations didn't work a motherboard replacement or re-soldering the part that is usually done by IT professional is the only option.
Hi,

You'll need to check first the inside of your laptop is something is broken on the HDMI port part. Maybe a quick clean up and making sure that nothing is hitting or touching the soldered part of the HDMI port would do the trick and it will save you a lot of money. Worst case is if all these recommendations didn't work a motherboard replacement or re-soldering the part that is usually done by IT professional is the only option.

Solution