i have family Tree Maker 10 ged files saved on a cd from 2002. my now computer runs on Vista home premium but won't accept the

Solution
It would probably work if you were to install XP ass a Virtual Machine in your Vista box. Run a search for that procedure and read it through before deciding whether or not to take it on. Like any written instruction, it will look complicated but it's not in reality.

My second thought led me to search e-Bay where I found I could buy an old PC running XP Pro SP3 for around £20 GBP.

Faye_3

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Faye_3

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I have the cd for the program which won't install with vista I contacted FTM and they no longer supporting it. Another company apparently is handlng it now. they say that i have to get Windows 7 and FTM14. Then it should work. I am so frustrated.

It would probably work if you were to install XP ass a Virtual Machine in your Vista box. Run a search for that procedure and read it through before deciding whether or not to take it on. Like any written instruction, it will look complicated but it's not in reality.

My second thought led me to search e-Bay where I found I could buy an old PC running XP Pro SP3 for around £20 GBP.

Solution