I have moved my photos and videos to my sd card on my j5 but my memory has not gone down

Kimelston051061

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
I have a galaxy j5 and am realy struggling with moving stuff to my sd card as when I check my internal storage doesn't go down and my sd storage does yet it should show the other way round that my sd has gone up and my internal had come down I have read and followed so many tips from on this site and it is still the same

Solution
Well just having an SD card won't make your internal storage used less, nor the SD card automatically used. And if memory serves, that particular phone can't have the SD card made into "Internal" storage, so you won't be able to run apps from the card.

Your only way then to free up space on the phone would be to move your Photos, Videos, Music, etc., over to the SD card.
Well just having an SD card won't make your internal storage used less, nor the SD card automatically used. And if memory serves, that particular phone can't have the SD card made into "Internal" storage, so you won't be able to run apps from the card.

Your only way then to free up space on the phone would be to move your Photos, Videos, Music, etc., over to the SD card.

Solution