I have my sound bar hooked up using the Rica cord my TV is an RCA, no sound coming through the sound bar

Jul 15, 2018
My Full x tech sound bar is hooked up correctly using the rca plug, I have an RCA TV and no audio is coming out of sound bar. When i use the volume on the remote I get a loud sound but nothing else. How can i fix that? What settings do I change on the TV?

Check to make sure that the soundbar is connected to an audio output not an input. Most TVs don't have analog audio RCA outputs anymore and without the model number of the TV we can't check that for you.
Check the TV manual to see if you need to turn the audio output on and whether is it is fixed or variable. Sometimes you have to turn the TV speakers off to get it working.
Check that you selected the correct input on the soundbar.

Check to make sure that the soundbar is connected to an audio output not an input. Most TVs don't have analog audio RCA outputs anymore and without the model number of the TV we can't check that for you.
Check the TV manual to see if you need to turn the audio output on and whether is it is fixed or variable. Sometimes you have to turn the TV speakers off to get it working.
Check that you selected the correct input on the soundbar.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
deusman Audio 2
B Audio 1
B Audio 1
R Audio 1
C Audio 2
M Audio 2
B Audio 1
K Audio 2
J Audio 1
N Audio 1
Q Audio 1
R Audio 1
L Audio 2
B Audio 2
B Audio 1
C Audio 2
J Audio 3
J Audio 2
F Audio 3
S Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How does one hook up 5.1 surround sound ? (Logitech Z607)
Question trouble hooking up befree 4.1 channel surround sound to desktop pc
Solved! Hooking up a Vizio Sound Bar to Hisense tv
Solved! I hooked Phillips stereo to samsung smart TV for surround sound, but get no sound only humming how to fix?
hooking up surround sound to dvd player
Solved! Need help hooking up the subwoofer to my sound bar.
soney dvd cd player hook up to tv have picture no sound
Solved! Hook up sound bar when my TV has no optical hook up
Solved! How can I hook my befree BFS-450W surround sound to my laptop
Solved! How do I hook up a frisby surround sound to a Samsung smart tv
Question sony dvdhome theatre system Davdx375 no digital optical , sony tv kdl60ex645 no arce hooked to cable box no sound through spea
Solved! dvd player hooked to cable and tv but cant get sound when using amazon prime video
I stream Netflix, hulu, youtube & pandora on my tv. I also have an antenna for live tv. I have my sound bar hooked up with an
Need help Hooking up my Samsung sound bar to my element TV
Hook up sound bar with cable box and reciver.
So I have the new Tw j5500 tower speakers with built in sub.. so took hook it up to a 7.1 surround system , for sound output
Can I hook a tv ps4 and home theatre system using using a 4 way HDMI splitter and still get audio from surround sound
i hooked my projector to my dish i get picture but my sound is only on few channles
I have a tcl smart tv and a new onkyo surround sound system I have hooked up with hdmi arc but I have no pictures on hdmi chan
Hook up my Panasonic's tv.to my frisby home sound system

ASK THE COMMUNITY