I have my sound bar hooked up using the Rica cord my TV is an RCA, no sound coming through the sound bar

Jul 15, 2018
My Full x tech sound bar is hooked up correctly using the rca plug, I have an RCA TV and no audio is coming out of sound bar. When i use the volume on the remote I get a loud sound but nothing else. How can i fix that? What settings do I change on the TV?

Solution
Check to make sure that the soundbar is connected to an audio output not an input. Most TVs don't have analog audio RCA outputs anymore and without the model number of the TV we can't check that for you.
Check the TV manual to see if you need to turn the audio output on and whether is it is fixed or variable. Sometimes you have to turn the TV speakers off to get it working.
Check that you selected the correct input on the soundbar.
Check to make sure that the soundbar is connected to an audio output not an input. Most TVs don't have analog audio RCA outputs anymore and without the model number of the TV we can't check that for you.
Check the TV manual to see if you need to turn the audio output on and whether is it is fixed or variable. Sometimes you have to turn the TV speakers off to get it working.
Check that you selected the correct input on the soundbar.

Solution