I have used my SD card as internal storage and I have removed it from the device and formatted the device now I am trying to f

Jul 24, 2018
i have used my SD card for internal storage but for a certain reason I have removed it from my device and I have formatted my device and now I am putting it back into the device but it is not working so please tell how to reuse it as a portable storge?????

You can't make it work. The moment you reset the phone, you made the data on the SD card completely unaccessible.

See, when you make a SD card "Internal" rather than "External" storage the card is encoded. To that device at that time. It is done so that the card's data will not be readable by anything else. When you reset the phone, you would have removed the info that was placed on the phone when the card was made "Internal" storage. Making the card see the phone as a different device.

Since that info is now gone for good, from the phone being reset, the data on the card cannot be accessed.

You can wipe/format the card and use is for new stuff, but you can't access the stuff that was on it.

You can't make it work. The moment you reset the phone, you made the data on the SD card completely unaccessible.

See, when you make a SD card "Internal" rather than "External" storage the card is encoded. To that device at that time. It is done so that the card's data will not be readable by anything else. When you reset the phone, you would have removed the info that was placed on the phone when the card was made "Internal" storage. Making the card see the phone as a different device.

Since that info is now gone for good, from the phone being reset, the data on the card cannot be accessed.

You can wipe/format the card and use is for new stuff, but you can't access the stuff that was on it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Craeton Android Smartphones 0
Karen888 Android Smartphones 0
felipeboom Android Smartphones 0
Joker(-_-) Android Smartphones 4
djo991 Android Smartphones 5
Zenquadro Android Smartphones 13
F Android Smartphones 5
@ Android Smartphones 1
shaicat Android Smartphones 1
X Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 3