I need a gaming laptop under $300 that can run Minecraft and CS:GO at medium settings and 60 FPS

SectorGaming

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I need a gaming laptop that can run Minecraft and CS:GO at least at medium settings at 60 FPS.

-It needs to also be able to run Microsoft applications like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.

-My parents found out I can rent a school laptop which is complete garbage with 2GB of RAM and 128GB of storage for 90 dollars (including insurance).

-Battery has to be able to go a full school day (5 Hours MINIMUM since I wont be on it all day).

-I have a 300 dollar budget MAX and this is including 2 year insurance.

-My dad looks at ratings and wont take anything above 4 stars.

-Please help as school starts in 1 month!

-Preferably would ask to order off of Amazon as I am a Prime Member with free 2-Day shipping.

Solution
Gaming laptop and $300 don't belong in the same sentence.

THis might do the job for you:

https://smile.amazon.com/Lenovo-80E301Y6US-A8-6410-Memory-Windows/dp/B019ELGDWO/ref=sr_1_68?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468519704&sr=1-68&keywords=windows+laptop&refinements=p_n_intended_use_browse-bin%3A9647497011

I prefer the AMD A series in this price range because the integrated GPU is better than the Intel. I guarantee nothing, especially with Minecraft, that game is very CPU bound.

You are asking for far more than a $300 laptop can provide.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Gaming laptop and $300 don't belong in the same sentence.

THis might do the job for you:

https://smile.amazon.com/Lenovo-80E301Y6US-A8-6410-Memory-Windows/dp/B019ELGDWO/ref=sr_1_68?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468519704&sr=1-68&keywords=windows+laptop&refinements=p_n_intended_use_browse-bin%3A9647497011

I prefer the AMD A series in this price range because the integrated GPU is better than the Intel. I guarantee nothing, especially with Minecraft, that game is very CPU bound.

You are asking for far more than a $300 laptop can provide.

Solution
Sorry, this made me laugh a little.....
What you are wanting does not come close to your budget, sorry.
2-Year insurance alone is $100, Microsoft office is also not free, although being a student I am sure you get a discount.
The video requirements to run what you want to run at 60fps puts you right out of the budget alone.
I am sorry I don't really have a suggestion for you as your requirements don't match your budget.

Ice Kirby

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
With that budget you would be lucky to play CS:GO at 30fps on the lowest settings possible at 720p. Minecraft isn't exactly going to run well either. Like the person above stated, with all the stuff you want, you will have a budget of ~$200 actually. Maybe $250. That's Chromebook price range.

CS:GO
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 8 GB available space

There are no laptops for under $250 or even $300 that meet these. A Celeron with weak integrated graphics won't even be able to handle CS:GO at a playable level at all, and Minecraft absolute lowest settings for an acceptable framerate. It's just not worth it.