I need a simple BlueRay player with one feature I can't seem to find...

Apr 29, 2018
I rip all my BlueRays to digital files for Plex. I have now gotten in to purchasing entire series (Breaking Bad, etc.) on BlueRay and ripping. The thing is, the publishers are starting to put the tracks in out of order. So, S01E01 might be "title 4" and S01E02 might be "title 1."

So, like the DVD players of old, I need a BlueRay player that will show me what TITLE is playing either on the unit display, or onscreen. I can't seem to find a way to confirm that a given player has this feature. I know they'll show time-elapsed or time-remaining, or even the title NAME of the title playing. I need the title NUMBER. They used to have title:chapter, but searching that for Bluerays gives me no help. Willing to spend up to $200 to get a unit that has this feature.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
"The thing is, the publishers are starting to put the tracks in out of order. So, S01E01 might be "title 4" and S01E02 might be "title 1.""

Sorry old thread but I've been away. Interesting problem - I've been mucking about with this and If you download VLC (it's free and won't care about your monitor)) and play your blu ray with it - it will tell you the m2ts file of each episode as it plays - just hit the >l button to advance through the episodes. Should only take a couple of minutes per blu ray.

popatim

Splendid
Why bother. Since you rip the BD's you have a BD player in your pc already. Just watch the opening for the title which you can match up to the packaging's list of episodes and figure out which is which. Otherwise i believe power DVD will also show what track you are on.

Apr 29, 2018

Oops, sorry, still getting used to this board's software. My reply is in the next msg.

Apr 29, 2018
You'd think that, but I don't use software like that. I use MakeMKV, which does list the title NUMBERS, but no associated title TEXT. I don't have BluRay software on my PC that allows me to "watch" the disc. I can only rip. And thus my need.

Edit: I DO have Cyberlink, and it will play BlueRays, except that it won't. My PC doesn't have HDMI out, only VGA and DVI. The software requires an HDMI output for DRM purposes.

DVI should have HDCP capability but that likely depends on if it's DVI-D or DVI-I and probably the exact specs of the video card, as well as the monitor capability.

Do the rip, watch it. Once you watch it, rename it to the correct episode. Maybe a bit of a pain with manual work but probably the only thing you can do.

You may need to get the correct episode names from the Wiki or something for the series going by plot summary.

robert600

Distinguished
"The thing is, the publishers are starting to put the tracks in out of order. So, S01E01 might be "title 4" and S01E02 might be "title 1.""

Sorry old thread but I've been away. Interesting problem - I've been mucking about with this and If you download VLC (it's free and won't care about your monitor)) and play your blu ray with it - it will tell you the m2ts file of each episode as it plays - just hit the >l button to advance through the episodes. Should only take a couple of minutes per blu ray.

Solution