Solved! I need help about my motherboard

Jan 13, 2019
Hello I have question. I'm going to buy a Oculus rift and I'm wondering can I use pcie USB 3.0. my motherboard is MSI H81M-p33. I don't know if it is 1x 1.0 or 1x 2.0. or just buy USB hub that will work with Oculus ?

Solution
Minimum specs state 1xUSB 3.0 and 2xUSB 2.0.
Your motherboard has 2xUSB 3.0 and 4xUSB 2.0.

Yes, it will work

If you just want to make absolutely sure, use the Oculus Rift Compatibility Tool from the Source. It's linked under "Oculus Rift Minimum Requirements and System Specifications". Download and run the tool.

-Wolf sends
Minimum Specifications for the Oculus Rift state:

1x USB 3.0 port, plus 2x USB 2.0 ports

Recommended Specifications state:

3x USB 3.0 ports, plus 1x USB 2.0 port

-Source

I'd try it out with just what you have first and then, if you're running into issues, then go ahead and install the PCI-E USB 3.0 hub. I was going to try the same thing with my Lenovo Explorer, but my old system didn't support AVX, so I had to upgrade the entire system.

-Wolf sends

Jan 13, 2019

I finally found that I have pcie 1x 2.0 version. I'm asking is it going to work because i don't want to waste 25€

Minimum specs state 1xUSB 3.0 and 2xUSB 2.0.
Your motherboard has 2xUSB 3.0 and 4xUSB 2.0.

Yes, it will work

If you just want to make absolutely sure, use the Oculus Rift Compatibility Tool from the Source. It's linked under "Oculus Rift Minimum Requirements and System Specifications". Download and run the tool.

-Wolf sends

Solution