I want a free internet security software

kevin0

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Now i'm using KIS 2015 in trial and no days left and i don't have money to buy it so i think i will use a free internet security software so I did some searches online and found this only this :
http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

And what about using a good free anti virus with a free strong firewall ?

So guys what do u think of the best "free" internet security software/s ?

And what is the difference between a free internet security and paid one ?

You can call me a noob in virus protection so i need every single advice and of course i will appreciate this
Oh i forgot to say my PC now is a full of viruses

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
avg is good but a resource whore.... I use Microsoft security essentials which runs on very little resources and in 3 years I have never had a virus. had 3 in 2 years with avg.

xrhstos7003

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014

Did you actually mean norton and not avg? My cpu with MSE runs at ~1.84%, with AVG at ~1.28% and with norton at 60%+ (my cpu is a 30 euro celeron). Just use avg free edition [{(IMPORTANT)}] 2013, not 2014 and enable windows firewall. Also MSE and Avast! can't protect you against Java viruses. You got 3 viruses with avg because it spotted them and couldn't fight them. And with MSE you didn't find anyone because it couldn't spot them.

xrhstos7003

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014

Norton runs my CPU at 60%+ while avg runs it at ~1.28%. Norton is the best, but it has HUGE resource useage. Bitdefender is pretty light and good, but not the lightest.

xrhstos7003

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014

Yeah, COMODO is free and full. I haven't use it and I don't know many thinks about it, but as I have read, it has second class security on java viruses (not sure about this).