Ramil Ahmadov

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014
Hey guys,
So, i have Xmg P724 Pro with the following specifications:
Gtx 970m SLi
i7-4810MQ 2.80-3.80 ghz
24gb Ram
When playing games, such as Battlefield 4 and GTA V at 4k DSR resolution and graphics settings set to ultra, both of my GPUs are utilized fully-99%, staying below 70 degree Celcius. However, my CPU reaches insane temperatures above 90(getting to 97 degree occasionally and even laptop shut downs automatically with strange sound which is because of CPU reaching its temperature limit i guess) while being only 20-40% utilized. After exiting the game CPU utilization is reaching 90-100% causing cursor lags and freezing which is really annoying. I applied arctic silver mx-4 to both GPUs and the CPU, but i don't think it changed anything. IF have any suggestions how i can prevent such CPU throttling and reduce its temperature, it will be really appreciated. BTW my fan is set to maximum while playing.
Thanks in advance!

Ramil Ahmadov

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Yep, it is the fan/cooler inside the laptop. There are three fans in this laptop, 1 for each GPU and 1 for CPU.(Clevo P370sm-a)
I don't really get what you mean by 'just configured', but the laptop is new(i got it less than a month ago and it was shipped from Germany) and i applied thernal paste a few days ago.
Thanks!

Ramil Ahmadov

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Yes, it was reaching high 90s and sometimes probably 100 while playing and thats why my laptop was shutting down with a weird sound(100 is max temp for this cpu). Both GPUs and the CPU came with thermal paste mx-2 according to the mysn.co.uk(that is where i oredered my laptop from) and i decided to apply mx-4 as i thought mx-2 isn't good enough or wasn't correctly applied. However this hasn't changed anything.
Any suggestion?
Thanks!