Solved! Icon for the preinstalled camera disappeared from home screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2018
The icon for the preinstalled camera of my Huawei Honor 8 disappeared frommy home screen. The app itself is still there. I find it in settings in enabled apps and I can activate the camera from my lock screen. How do I get the icon back on my home screen?

Solution
Actually I didn't say as a widget, just in the same area/screen that shows when you tap and hold the home screen background. However, on some phones, the icons are not in there. Have you tried swiping 'up' on the home screen (rather than swiping down). On some devices that is where the icons are.
Well it could have either been deleted from the home screen or combined with another app in an app folder. So first check the apps that are on the screen and make sure they are not in a folder now together with the camera icon. If the camera icon is indeed in a folder with other icons then all you need to do is 'tap' and 'hold' the camera icon, drag back to the home screen and drop it there.

Should it turn out that the camera icon is not in with any other icons, then 'tap' and 'hold' any part of the home screen that is empty. This should load options for widgets, icons, etc. Locate the camera icon and again 'tap', 'hold' and drag it back to the screen where you want it.

Oct 11, 2018

I've checked this before but unfortunately that's not the solution. It's not ibn a folder and it doesn't appear a widget. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Actually I didn't say as a widget, just in the same area/screen that shows when you tap and hold the home screen background. However, on some phones, the icons are not in there. Have you tried swiping 'up' on the home screen (rather than swiping down). On some devices that is where the icons are.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.