identifying CPU temperature on SpeedFan

samqweqwe

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Hi
i am not sure if this is in the right section.
i have speedfan installed to look at temp but i am unsure what one the CPU one is.
there are two which i think could be the CPU but am not sure. the first one is on the IT8721F chip and the snsor is Temp1. However, another temp is on the AMD K10 chip and the sensor is Core.
The IT8721F temp is always higher that the AMD K10. the IT8721F temp goes above 62 degrees which is the max operating temp said by CPU world (link below).

I have the asus m5a97 pro motherboard and the AMD Phenom II 1090T processor

thanks in advance

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X6%201090T%20Black%20Edition%20-%20HDT90ZFBK6DGR%20%28HDT90ZFBGRBOX%29.html

EDIT:
I have installed hardware monitor and i think that the lower temp is a single core of the processor. is the max operating temp for cores? and what would the other temp be, the CPU socket?

Solution
I hate speed fan personally for temps. I use Open Hardware Monitor for temp readings, the 1090T max safe temp is 62c on the cores. The socket however can go over that temp. People debate this all the time Socket vs Core temps on the phenom's. I had a x6 1100T for 3 years and always followed Core temps. My 1100T at 4.4ghz would reach around 69 - 71C on the Socket while the temps on the Core were 59 - 60C I ran it like this for years and its still in use in another system now.

Now for the temps of the cores, You only need to follow 1 of the temps on the 6 cores. AMD does not use separate temperatures reading for each core, that is why some programs only give you the temp on only 1 core and not all 6 cores.

Viking2121

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I hate speed fan personally for temps. I use Open Hardware Monitor for temp readings, the 1090T max safe temp is 62c on the cores. The socket however can go over that temp. People debate this all the time Socket vs Core temps on the phenom's. I had a x6 1100T for 3 years and always followed Core temps. My 1100T at 4.4ghz would reach around 69 - 71C on the Socket while the temps on the Core were 59 - 60C I ran it like this for years and its still in use in another system now.

Now for the temps of the cores, You only need to follow 1 of the temps on the 6 cores. AMD does not use separate temperatures reading for each core, that is why some programs only give you the temp on only 1 core and not all 6 cores.

Solution