if I set up: TV digital coaxil output to soundbar, can I still use the TV headphone 3.5m jack,

Anna_massoni

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
I am hoping to set up digital spdif coaxil output from TV to a soundbar and use the 3.5m TV jack for my husbands headphones - does anyone know if both outputs function at the same time?

Even better, does anyone know how to set up two sets of digital headphones from the TV digital spdif coaxil output?

all advice appreciated, thank you

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Anna_massoni : "if I set up: TV digital coaxil output to soundbar, can I still use the TV headphone 3.5m jack,"

Anna_massoni

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016

Thank you for your time and information, sorry for late response!

oh, I didn't know headphones were analog! This makes sense now- why I cant find digital coaxil headphones anywhere.:.... I have a pair though that are digital optical toslink headphones, so am wondering what technology they use that isn't available elsewhere?? & their sound is not as good as some others that are analog though, so hmmmm?!

I was/am really wanting to find digital headphones to take advantage of best available audio, seems silly to revert back to analog when it is outdated.... but obviously a lot more involved with this capability

Many thanks again

Anna_massoni

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016

Thanks for your time and info and apologies for my late response. I will have to explore my new tv's user manual more closely to find this out....let me know if you ever find coax to usb adapter! thanks