im hooking up 8 ceiling speakers and 3 theater speakers which receiver is reccommended for sound and ease?

wendy_30

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
new construction all prewired to same location for a receiver- 1st time doing this- all help is appreciated.

You should have a receiver with at least 2 zones.
Zone 1 is the surround sound system.
Zone 2 will be for the other speakers around the house.
You will need a speaker selector with impedance matching if you didn't plan for impedance matching volume controls in each room.
If you want more control and the ability to play different things in each area of zone 2 you will need more gear.
I would consider a Denon or Marantz receiver that is compatible with their Heos distributed audio system. That would allow you to expand the functionality over time when and if you chose to.

You should have a receiver with at least 2 zones.
Zone 1 is the surround sound system.
Zone 2 will be for the other speakers around the house.
You will need a speaker selector with impedance matching if you didn't plan for impedance matching volume controls in each room.
If you want more control and the ability to play different things in each area of zone 2 you will need more gear.
I would consider a Denon or Marantz receiver that is compatible with their Heos distributed audio system. That would allow you to expand the functionality over time when and if you chose to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 2
A Audio 4
Null895 Audio 1
F Audio 2
F Audio 3
klockem Audio 0
xmystbladex Audio 1
FirstLast1234 Audio 8
deusman Audio 1
D Audio 5
B Audio 1