I'm trying to get my LG K7 phonehered hotspot to my to Mike Windows XP IBM ThinkPad

gail_13

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
I have ThinkPad IBM I have a LG K7 phone. I can't get my ThinkPad to hook up to my LG K7 phone it says my USB my Hotspot is active but my ThinkPad isn't reading it accepting it now I'm a newbie any help would be greatly appreciated it says something about a driver but how do I get a driver on my XP ThinkPad if I don't have the internet I'm a poor old lady and I can't afford too much if you could help it be greatly appreciated or tell me I'm wasting my time thank you very much Gailzirish

Solution
I so hope your Thinkpad doesn't get Windows Updates when you're connecting to the Net through your Hotspot. The resulting telephone bill will be huge.

Are you sure you want to go ahead of this?
MERGED QUESTION
Question from gail_13 : "Usb tethered dont know why wont connect w/ibm thinkpad its wru xp"

If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a Wi-Fi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

gail_13

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
I DID IT THE EASY WAY METRO PCS SUX .... THEY DONT SUPPORT TETHERing i (called) so what i did was hot spit my kindle .

Now
The problem w/ tjis is they wont let me register becuz i have an old account gzirish old pswrd I hate google any way i canget into passWord ,Goigle
Etcu