In home surround sound? Ceiling speakers

Sep 9, 2018
Hi all! Just moved into a new to me house has speakers in the ceiling throughout the main living areas, volume control knobs in those rooms & one cord - that looks like a cord for a tv - round w a stem in the center. anyone have a clue how or what I need to connect to play music? TIA!!!

It's not surround sound but distributed stereo for the whole house.
As mentioned above there will be speaker wire from the in wall volume controls that all home runs back to a central location in the house. That's where you will need to get something to drive the speakers and sources to play music.
You will need to get some equipment to use the speakers and what equipment that should be will depend on how you want to use the system. It can be updated without any new wiring to be much easier and flexible to use than when it was first installed. A local custom AV installer can run through the options with you and set you up with a ready to use system.

It's not surround sound but distributed stereo for the whole house.
As mentioned above there will be speaker wire from the in wall volume controls that all home runs back to a central location in the house. That's where you will need to get something to drive the speakers and sources to play music.
You will need to get some equipment to use the speakers and what equipment that should be will depend on how you want to use the system. It can be updated without any new wiring to be much easier and flexible to use than when it was first installed. A local custom AV installer can run through the options with you and set you up with a ready to use system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Audio 21
L Audio 0
P Audio 0
C Audio 1
Defyant51 Audio 1
K Audio 3
Y Audio 2
T Audio 3
RJGrayLight Audio 1
DakiMC Audio 1
T Audio 1