In need help of a good quailty headphone for twitch

StanicEnemy

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
I am a streamer and my current asus cerberus headset is broken the right side of headset doesnt work at all and seems like asus dont give a single damn about its warrenty ill probably never buy their products no more or at least headsets.Asus cerberus is a stereo gaming headset and i just connected to the steelseries 7h sound card which is 8 years old but the sound and noise cancelling is great on that soundcard,although there is a always buzzing noise that soundcard makes.I am looking for a good headset that has a very good noise cancelling 'cause i live with some people and there are two tv's also alot of noises and apt building noises,they were not a problem 'till my headset is broken.Now i am pretty confused if i should buy a new stereo gaming headset and connect to the steelseries 7h sound card(8 years old) in order to use it again or should i buy something like Sennheiser gsp 350 or logitech g633 but i dont think they have a great noise cancelling? I live in Turkey where everything is overpriced.

Solution
Personally I would look into a separate pair of headphones and use a separate microphone such as a desktop USB microphone or a modmic that clips on the headphones. This way you get better quality headphones than an all in one USB gaming headset.

For the microphone it's easy. A blue snowball, or a Samson USB microphone. If you want one that clips on the headphones Modmic is the way to go. Next just look for a pair of noise cancelling headphones or a good pair of closed back headphones so you don't hear outside distractions.

Audio Techinca ATH-ANC7b are active noise cancelling and have removable 3.5mm cable so if it breaks just add a new one, no soldering required. They are also reasonably priced, and over ear so very...

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Personally I would look into a separate pair of headphones and use a separate microphone such as a desktop USB microphone or a modmic that clips on the headphones. This way you get better quality headphones than an all in one USB gaming headset.

For the microphone it's easy. A blue snowball, or a Samson USB microphone. If you want one that clips on the headphones Modmic is the way to go. Next just look for a pair of noise cancelling headphones or a good pair of closed back headphones so you don't hear outside distractions.

Audio Techinca ATH-ANC7b are active noise cancelling and have removable 3.5mm cable so if it breaks just add a new one, no soldering required. They are also reasonably priced, and over ear so very comfortable. You won't find a gaming headset with better quality than these. Add a Blue snowball or modmic and you're all set without breaking the bank.

There are better microphones such as the Blue Yeti but it's has different coverage patterns for interviewing or podcasts. The snowball pics up direct from the front and cancels all other noise and is suited for simple desktop use with 1 user such as streaming and gaming, similar to what a headset does. If you want headset style so the mic isn't on a desk or boom, them the modmic is the way to go and is very high quality.

Audio Technica make the most affordable, quality noise cancelling headphones. Bose, Sony, and Senheisser are more expensive for nice over the ear models, and other brands such as AKG and Grado, etc... aren't much into noise cancelling.

Solution

aajoe

Official Representative
Official Representative
Sep 2, 2017
Getting a ModMic to Turkey can be tricky. We sell direct, but then you are relying on the local postal service.

For the headphones to pair with it, I don't know what headphones are available in Turkey, but it sounds like noise isolation is your primary concern. That means closed back and possibly even ANC The M40x + a ModMic is probably out of your price range, but take a look at it. The Sony MDR-7506 may not have enough noise canceling but will be cheaper and is a fantastic quality headphone. The CB-1 may also work here if you like a more bass-heavy sound. Again, no clue if its even available in Turkey though. You can also look into the ATH ANC9 or the Cowin E7 as a relatively low-cost active noise canceling headphone, but I can't vouch for their sound quality.

Any of those + a ModMic (or any other discreet mic) will work. Since you have a lot of background noise, the ModMic may be best simply because the mic is closer to you, so you can tune it more to get less background noise. I recommend, oddly, the ModMic Business since budget is likely tight here. Noise canceling only, same mic as the ModMic 4, but comes with a USB sound card for free (no carrying case, and a 1.5 meter long cable instead of 3 meters).