Inspiron 5537 won't load (Fixed hdd not found)

Joshinya_61

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Laptop (Inspiron 5537) running Windows 10 constantly shuts down due to some error or another. Now it keeps saying "No Boot Device Found" and won't load.
I checked the system, and it says the fixed hdd isn't detected.
I tried resetting it through troubleshooting, but it also stopped due to error.

Solution

Try going...

blissed2k

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
"hdd isn't detected." Obviously it says that it is not detected so therefore you need to get a new hdd and install Windows. Your HDD is dead. You can easily look online on how to recover data from a dead hard drive.

Joshinya_61

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Yeah, but that's the thing (that I should've mentioned in the initial question): eventually, it starts working again. I'm using it to type this, in fact. So, is my HDD dead, or just malfunctioning/conflicting with Windows...?

It seems to have the most major issues booting up from shutdown and sleep mode. So for now, I've just kept it on constantly, and it's worked fine since.

But that's after going through all the "No boot found" stuff dozens of times, so I'm just anticipating it happening again.

blissed2k

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

Try going to BIOS by pressing <F2> during startup and go to Boot and choose <Boot mode> and enter UEFI. If that doesn't work, reset your BIOS settings. If that doesn't work, maybe you had a virus in your laptop and it is conflicting or damaging windows files or the MBR. If nothing really works: I suggest going to this website and follow the steps. Same thing happened to me a year ago using Windows 8.

Go to Solution 1 on the website.

Solution