Inspiron 5559 clock speed stays at 300MHZ

Jun 3, 2018
my clock speed is extremely slow and its a i7 processor it never moves from 300 mhz and the computer is slow. its 2.6ghz base speed is there something in the bios that is wrong or could it be my power supply

Solution
i found the problem , it seems as tho my AC adapter wasn't reading the bios inside the adapter because the signal pin inside the plug was bent causing DELL to state AC adapter UNKNOWN and by default it brings my processor to the lowest point. So i just used a paper clip to bend it back into place and it works but still need a new adapter . Thankx tho i havve tried everything and it was something so simple that i overlooked
Jun 3, 2018
i found the problem , it seems as tho my AC adapter wasn't reading the bios inside the adapter because the signal pin inside the plug was bent causing DELL to state AC adapter UNKNOWN and by default it brings my processor to the lowest point. So i just used a paper clip to bend it back into place and it works but still need a new adapter . Thankx tho i havve tried everything and it was something so simple that i overlooked

Solution