Installing Nvidia Geforce Experience

kikobie

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Hey guys I just upgraded from 750ti to 1060 6gb OC. my concern is Is it necessary to install this software along with the Nvidia driver? based on my experience on my last card, GFX gave me issues like stutters in-game. please give your inputs guys thankyou

Solution
It's not necessary. I only install the driver and the Physx system. I have done this for several years now and had no problems. I have a GTX 770.

Windows Update will occasionally update the driver for me, but it's a rare thing. Right now I'm on version 388.31 dated 11/14/2017 and I believe that Windows Update installed that version.

If I have problems with a game then I can manually update (also a very rare thing).

You may want to boot up into safe mode, run DDU to remove all traces of the current driver, boot back into normal mode and install the driver. Choose custom install and only install the 2 things mentioned above. More information can be found here...

gardenman

Commendable
Herald
Jun 16, 2016
It's not necessary. I only install the driver and the Physx system. I have done this for several years now and had no problems. I have a GTX 770.

Windows Update will occasionally update the driver for me, but it's a rare thing. Right now I'm on version 388.31 dated 11/14/2017 and I believe that Windows Update installed that version.

If I have problems with a game then I can manually update (also a very rare thing).

You may want to boot up into safe mode, run DDU to remove all traces of the current driver, boot back into normal mode and install the driver. Choose custom install and only install the 2 things mentioned above. More information can be found here: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

Solution