Solved! Integrated Graphics Card - Missing NVIDIA Control Panel Options

Hyperplayer

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
Hey guys I'm in quite of a pickle :(

What I wanna achieve:

• - Pushing ~70hz refresh rate on my 60hz laptop (for gaming)
    - The digital vibrance settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel (Saturation in Intel Graphics Control Panel wasn't quite cutting it)

My laptop (OMEN 15) has integrated graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
--> My NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't have all the options, it only has the "3D Settings" field.

I've tried:

• - Going into the BIOS to disable Optimus, but there wasn't a display tab.
    - Disabling Intel HD Graphics, but then I get the "you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu" error. From then on, I tried reinstall both Intel and NVIDIA drivers, but nothing was happening, still got the error.
    - Reinstalling NVIDIA Drivers
    - Going practically everywhere in the Windows Control Pane

Anyone know how to make it so I can see all the options? Thank you so much for reading and helpng if you can! :love:

Solution
90% of all laptops cannot disable optimus because that is a hardware level feature. Only a select few of the most powerful and expensive gaming notebooks have the ability to run optimus and disable it entirely. The reason why is because in order to disable optimus, you basically have to connect both the iGPU AND the dGPU to your built in screen and display outs which requires more work.

In case you don't know how optimus works, only the iGPU has physically access to the display outputs of your laptop. When the dGPU is activated, it sends frames thru the PCI-E lanes to the iGPU which then sends those frames to the monitor.

You'd need to use custom 3rd party software to make overclocking your monitor possible.
90% of all laptops cannot disable optimus because that is a hardware level feature. Only a select few of the most powerful and expensive gaming notebooks have the ability to run optimus and disable it entirely. The reason why is because in order to disable optimus, you basically have to connect both the iGPU AND the dGPU to your built in screen and display outs which requires more work.

In case you don't know how optimus works, only the iGPU has physically access to the display outputs of your laptop. When the dGPU is activated, it sends frames thru the PCI-E lanes to the iGPU which then sends those frames to the monitor.

You'd need to use custom 3rd party software to make overclocking your monitor possible.

Solution

Hyperplayer

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

I'm currently on the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver (because I disabled both of my GPU) and it goes up to 64hz, so I think it can handle 70hz. The main reason is because higher refresh rates makes gaming easier i guess

Hyperplayer

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Hmmm. I guess that isn't an option then. But despite that, do you know how to restore all the setting options (Display, Color...) to the NVIDIA Control Panel? Thanks!