Status
Not open for further replies.

vipchefsf

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hello,
Everytime i double click on the explorer link on my desktop, pinbar, or general program list, it automatically tells me that explorer has stopped working; however, I can open internet explorer in 64-bit mode. WHY???

sandy1A

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011

Hello,
Here's a way to solve the problem:
Click on the START button, then on RUN. In the box type "inetcpl.cpl" (without the quotes).
Then press ENTER or click OK. This brings up INTERNET PROPERTIES. Click on the ADVANCED tab.
Move down and click on the RESET button.
In the window which opens, put a check-mark in the box which says
"Delete personal settings" and then click on the RESET button.

Close out all windows and then click on Internet Explorer to open it. The problem should be solved.

Your Favorities will be saved, but not the default settings which you had changed.

JeanAHough

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

Hi vipchefsf,

Sometimes, just when you thought your computer is in a perfect condition, your windows explorer stops working, freezes up, and restarts over and over again. You get error messages like such as "windows explorer has stopped working" followed by "windows explorer is restarting". You have done nothing wrong but the machine keeps stressing you out. Read this article will you show you how to solve the problem http://www.windowsexplorerhasstoppedworking.com

Status
Not open for further replies.