Internet explorer randomly pops up

deathstreike125720

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
Hi, i'd like to know if i have a problem with malware or some random extension in one of my browsers. I use google chrome but at seemingly random times internet explorer opens itself (sometimes displaying nonsensical and suspicious ads) for example when i play league of legends it will open itself to the lol sign up page, and on some occasions it opens up to an extremely fishy webpage telling me that i have been infected by a trojan or some other random virus. I have run multiple scans with windows defender but they have come up empty (i have also tried windows malware removal).

Solution
Have you checked your startup files to see if anything suspicious is running at Startup? Next time it happens you could try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to Task Manager and look under Applications, Processes and Services to see what is running. Do it before it happens and then while it is happening and see if you notice something new running at wasn't running before. You could also run MSCONFIG and check your startup items to see if there is anything odd there.
Have you checked your startup files to see if anything suspicious is running at Startup? Next time it happens you could try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to Task Manager and look under Applications, Processes and Services to see what is running. Do it before it happens and then while it is happening and see if you notice something new running at wasn't running before. You could also run MSCONFIG and check your startup items to see if there is anything odd there.

Solution