Question Internet headache

Oscacat

Great
Nov 28, 2021
Unable to connect to Internet on probook 450 g3 running new install of windows 7 64bit,
Internet connected but no access. I have updated new drivers and trawled the Internet for answers and followed all available fixes with no joy.
Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: ctynhadep

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is the time on your computer correct, including timezone?

Have you tried both HTTP and HTTPS sites?

Is your router configured to use a "whitelist", to which specific MAC addresses must be entered to allow Internet access?

Have you reset your router, recently?

Oscacat

Great
Nov 28, 2021
Is the time on your computer correct, including timezone?

Have you tried both HTTP and HTTPS sites?

Is your router configured to use a "whitelist", to which specific MAC addresses must be entered to allow Internet access?

Have you reset your router, recently?
Time and time zone is correct, not sure about the other two (I'm not a pc wizard). I have reset the router which is a bt smart hub

Butting in here but I saw you were still running Windows 7. Unless you have an Enterprise license, that is an unsupported OS and does not receive security updates from MS. You need to mover to Windows 10 or 11. Doing that may (with some luck) also fix you connectivity issue.....

Oscacat

Great
Nov 28, 2021
Butting in here but I saw you were still running Windows 7. Unless you have an Enterprise license, that is an unsupported OS and does not receive security updates from MS. You need to mover to Windows 10 or 11. Doing that may (with some luck) also fix you connectivity issue.....
I think you mite be right AlHuneke