Ipad mini or nivida shield for gaming?

meat pie

Honorable
May 22, 2013
I want to get into mobile games and want to get ether the ipad mini or the nivida shield.

Or should i say ios vs android.

So as far as it goes android does not have deus ex the fall yet and will not have any infinty blade games.

It also does not have a personal favorite seris of my The quest on it at all.

But the shield Does have a controller and does not make me deal with the awfull apple devise set up.
So what do you guys think I should do Its really hardware vs software and a few exclusives.

Its really Ios vs andord and only for games so I dont care about its music or social stuff.

Thanks for reading

Solution
The Shield really is a wonderful gaming device. It does what it's supposed to be doing really well, that is providing the best tablet gaming experience available there is. The 720p screen something most people aren't crazy about, but it still looks surprinsingly sharp.

That being said there was one issue with this... and it's that while the Shield plays Android games like no other tablets, there aren't that many Android games available that will make you happy you spent 250-300 bucks on a Shield. Not to mention that some Android ports actually have toned down difficulty to make up for the natively horrible controls, making playing these games with the Shield feeling rather boring.

Where the Shield truly shines is when streaming games...

Arthan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
The Shield really is a wonderful gaming device. It does what it's supposed to be doing really well, that is providing the best tablet gaming experience available there is. The 720p screen something most people aren't crazy about, but it still looks surprinsingly sharp.

That being said there was one issue with this... and it's that while the Shield plays Android games like no other tablets, there aren't that many Android games available that will make you happy you spent 250-300 bucks on a Shield. Not to mention that some Android ports actually have toned down difficulty to make up for the natively horrible controls, making playing these games with the Shield feeling rather boring.

Where the Shield truly shines is when streaming games from your PC GeForce card. If you don't own one (note that you need a card from this year, and a very good and expensive one), you're missing out on the best thing it has to offer, and suddenly the offer becomes a lot less attractive. It's still a good device, and if you're really more serious than I am with your Android gaming, this is the ultimate device right now on the market. It's only gonna lose that recommendation when the Shield 2 comes out...

The iPad on the other hand has a richer games offering, but you're going back to that dreaded tablet format and controls which only works well for very casual gaming. Still, definitely a richer library.

Performance shouldn't be affecting your decision too much as they're both powerful devices that few (read none) games will utilize to their full potential. Still, the Shield is likely to outperform the iPad most of the time... but has a lower resolution.

Always pros and cons ;)

Using these last lines to throw objectvity out of the window, I would say that if you only wanna use your tablet for gaming, you definitely wanna go with the Shield. It's cheaper than the iPad, will provide a much, much more enjoyable gaming experience and you can still absolutely listen to movies and music on it, as well as downloading any other apps you please. And if the 720p screen is a turn off for you, news of a Shield 2 in the work coming out "sooner than you might think" are growing louder and louder. So my personal opinion would be to either buy a Shield, or wait for a Shield 2. Never liked Apple and their overpriced products anyway :D

Solution

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I actually played around with a Shield a couple of weeks ago. It's an awesome device - it's not exactly what everyone thinks it is. The biggest downside is that in order to get the full functionality of the device - the game streaming application - is that you need an NVIDIA GTX 660 or better.

Where the Shield truly shines is when streaming games from your PC GeForce card. If you don't own one (note that you need a card from this year, and a very good and expensive one), you're missing out on the best thing it has to offer, and suddenly the offer becomes a lot less attractive. It's still a good device, and if you're really more serious than I am with your Android gaming, this is the ultimate device right now on the market. It's only gonna lose that recommendation when the Shield 2 comes out...

Yeah that's the biggest reason to purchase one. And again - this feature is awesome, I can't stress that enough, and with an update to the latest version of Android and NVIDIA drivers what I heard is that the device streams games at 60 FPS or more, that makes it even more appealing!