Iphone 4 not detected on itunes after jailbreak unable to restore

uriel503

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
If Someone could please help, I would really appreciate it very much. I Have a Iphone 4 S and i did a jailbreak with Snowbreeze. What Happens is that my iphone with 5.0,1 ipsw is not detected in recovery mode by itunes, or my computer it says that their is a error with the USB driver. i have put it in recovery mode several times switched USB PORTS, And still it is not detected. it boots then freezes. and after a few minutes restarts on the start screen. I gave this phone to my wife. but forgot about the jailbreak. she let it die, and by then i did a complete reformat. i have tryed deleting itunes. and installing itunes 7.5 and still not detected. but when i connect a different iphone it gets detected. i hate to give up on something i been working for so long.

i have also tryed different computers.and still nothing . i think the jailbreak ruined it . no matter what i do the phone is not detected. if someone someone HELPS i will thank them very much. last time i ever jailbreak.

xep3r

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

snowbreeze i heard was for the older iphones, you should have jailbroken it with absinthe .4

uriel m

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

Well the phone worked with it. but now its unable to detect , so can not do a restore. i tryed pointing to the usb drivers and dfu drivers and still phone not detected. i been working on it for a while now. if i can just get it to detect on my computer.

xep3r

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Try a factory reset and then google absinthe jailbreak and download the latest version, which is .4. mine detects perfectly on itunes, wifi and plugged in. i have the 4s as well.

uriel m

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hi thank you for your help. but i tryed a system restore the computer charges my phone but will not detect it. i have plugged my wifes phone and detects it right away.
i just dont know what to to do now. the phone was jailbroken with snowbreeze and my wife let the phone die. and after that it started haveing this issues. the phone starts up and im able to slide the unlocker bar, and then it just freezes same process over and over again. if i can just get it to detect it i can restore it. thank you and Hope someone can help.

Stofflock

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you and got abosloutly no clue how to fix :/
Did u fix it?

uriel m

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

have you found any fix yet >? i been trying what happens is it turns on loads to the screen then 4 secounds later it freezes.

and i try to do a system restore, i am unale to because it does not detect the iphone. let me know if you fixed it yet i will keep on trying, im thinking that i may need a mac to try it on

tracky23

Honorable
May 25, 2012

I have the same problem and try in boht computer (in mac and window) :(

vikramverma777

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Hi,

Please help me out..i m new to jail break an iphone..i ws trying it out with my iphone 4....i did use redsnow 9 where i forgot to mention the ipsw..the cedia was installed and the phone started rebooting since then...the phone is just showing me the apple icon neither getting rebooted or getting shutdown or getting detected. it is just a piece of *** for now.

karlbin

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
That is quite an assumption. Not all people reading this thread are experienced at jailbreaking, some are new to it and may not know the risks involved. The thread is not just read by the experienced it is might also be read by slickdeal members who might be curious what it's all about.

kenzieo

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

i have the same problem iphone 4s and it is frustrating!has anybody confirmed it has to do with the jailbreak when the iphone will show up as unknown device on a computer... or is it a problem with my apple software and i also am windows 7 64bit