IPhone 4s not showing up on My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderclam

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
It used to before, but I dont see it today. I tried unplugging and plugging in the phone. Restarting the Apple service. I even did a system restore back to when it was showing up.

I have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

Wonderclam

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Yep, it's connected. Even iTUnes can see it. Just when I go to Computer and see all the drives, I don't see it there. I used to see it and that's where I go to get my pictures and movies from the phone.

Is it because I have Windows 7 64 bit?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Alright, try this:

1. Open Start Menu >>type services.msc and press Enter [ this will open up services ]
2. Locate the service named Mobile Device Driver
3. Double click the service to open properties

4. In the "general" tab find the "startup type" drop-down arrow menu and make sure "automatic" is selected.

5. Also see the general tab to check the "service status". If it does not say "started" then click the start button to start the service and connect your phone again and click apply.

Note: If the above procedure does not helped in your case, then try restarting the service

higdonmatthew

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I had the exact issue when I got my new 4s. Simply take a picture to add data to the phone and when you plug the phone back up to your computer then you will be able to browser the internal storage. Apparently it will not show up if there is not any data on the phone (data = pic or video)

Hope this helps

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Did you upgrade your phones software recently?

If so, it may have created a backup and new primary partition on the device. After the update, the backup would be re-expanded to the new partition as to save all your personal stuff.

If this is the case, the new partition may be read-only and you would therefor be unable to access the file system.

Is your iPhone jailbroken? Do you have a file explorer from cydia installed? Are you able to browse the system files and all that from the phone itself?

kthecatmaster

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Thankyou so much, I had this same problem after I restored my phone due to my "other" memory becoming 4gbs.... but taking a photo then trying again opened the box. Thank you!!

rupomrupa

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
1.plug in the iPhone 2.go to device manager find apple iPhone from portable devices,3. right click on apple iPhone then uninstall it 4.unplug iPhone. 5.plug in again it will be installed automatically.

coolozzie2

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

Hi, had exactly the problem you had and did everything everyone said about reinstalling etc etc all didn't change the problem, so I tried below whilst iphone was connected and it worked! :)
click on "Start", then "Devices and Printers"
your iPhone should show up here and may have an exclamation mark (!) on it.
Right Click the iPhone icon and select "Troubleshoot"
The computer will check updates on drivers etc.
Once this has completed, the exclamation mark should have disappeared and the iPhone should now be on Explorer!

camellia

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Thanks coolozzie2

I was having the same problem with my iPhone 5 and your solution worked, my phone now shows under my computer. I had recently done an IOS update so I don't know if this affected it.

When I went to devices and printers I had Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and right-clicked and selected Troubleshoot. This found something about the USB but my iPhone still did not show, so I disconnected and reconnected the USB and looked under devices and printers and there was a new icon for Apple iPhone which did have an ! on it. So I right-clicked here and selected troubleshoot and it suggested to reinstall the driver, which I did and immediately my iPhone now shows on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.