IPhone 4s not showing up on My Computer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderclam

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
It used to before, but I dont see it today. I tried unplugging and plugging in the phone. Restarting the Apple service. I even did a system restore back to when it was showing up.

I have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

midweekuser

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Yup. When mine refused to show up, I figured out that the iOS will not allow the computer access to the iPhone unless there's something that needs to be copied of it. The only thing one can copy of it are pics taken using the phone's camera and as such i did that. When I reconnected it and went to my computer, it showed up. Try it out and see if it works.

absale

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013

Have you been able to fix this? I have the same issue and none of the solutions offered work. I try re-installing the driver, but am getting an error message.

G

IPhone 4s not showing up on My Computer
I had the same problem just now. I tried alot of things that didn't work. I finally tried this: -START - CONTROL PANEL - PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - CLICK ON APPLE MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT - REPAIR. That worked for my iphone 4s when it was hooked up to my windows 7 64 bit computer. My phone was already plugged in and when I did that my phone lit up and went 'ding' and all the approprate iphone recognition boxes popped up! I hope this works for you too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.