Is 1333x768 is a crap resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
going to buy this tv Sony KLV-32CX320..as my dth supports only 720p i choose this tv and i'm budget constrained the question is for a 32inch tv is this resolution (1333x768)good..my dth is 720p source but this tv is 768p will this affects picture performance?

The resolution is fine. My HDTV is also 1080i/720p compatible (1366x768). With your resolution, a 720p image will probably just leave small black bars above and below your displayed image or your TV will slightly stretch the image to fully cover the display. Nothing to worry about.

-Wolf sends

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

ok i decided to buy one of these
LG 32LK430 or sony KLV-32CX420 (i heard that sony's quality and reliability is going downwards is it true?)i'm confused which to choose tell me the best one from these..i just want best picture clarity and sound

Unfortunately, I'm not a reviewer. I really don't know that much about HDTVs; only my experience with the one that I have. Of the two you selected, I'd probably go with the LG because I've heard the same thing about Sony quality going down hill. Can't say that it actually has, just that I've heard it.

Your best bet would be to go to the local big box store and check them out for yourself from 5 feet. Mine looks fine, but your eyes may be better than mine.

-Wolf sends

Pyree

Distinguished
For viewing distance of 5ft, 32" with 1366x768 should be fine. I just got new TV (Sony Bravia KDL-32CX520) last week, so I went to the shop to stare long and hard for many TV. I can't see the pixels on 1366x768 5 ft away.

LED is just for backlight, it will save you some electricity, it turns to max brightness instantly (some LCD screen with fluro tube backlight taks some time to warm up to max brightness and unfortunately, I have two of them :(), also LED they are brighter (IMO).

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

i know that the difference between 720p and 1080p can be seen only with tv's larger than 41inch..but the problem is the 1333x768 res tv expand a little bit making the picture look wide but its not the case with 1080p the picture looks very good even with a 720p source

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
is a ips lcd panel suitable for watching fast moving spors like cricket ,football etc..becasue i have seen in many tv's the ball when travelling looks blurry and the fielders when jumping or running i could see the blur will that occur with a ips panel..i have chose this one LG 32LK430 but my mom is telling to buy sony as they are leaders of tv's in quality and reliability my mom told this one KLV-32CX420..i will watching heavy sporting action ,movies and other stuffs

Pyree

Distinguished
Motion blur will exist on IPS screen as well (may be even more so due to slower response time). You will have to have a look and see if the motion blur is acceptable. Also, sometimes motion blur is due to the video source and not the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.